The first step to long-term pain management against headaches and migraines is a visit with our chiropractor in Edison, Dr. Michael Lagana. After examining you and discussing your medical history, he can determine what type of headaches you struggle with, and what their triggers are for a successful migraine treatment in Edison, NJ.
Chiropractor in Edison Provides Natural Relief for Headaches and Migraines
The most common three types are:
- Tension Headaches — These affect almost everybody at one time or another; they are often interconnected with stress and spinal misalignments, either from poor posture habits or neck injuries like whiplash. Chiropractic care is extremely successful for pain management against this tight, tense pain that spreads from the scalp down into the neck.
- Migraines – This type of headache is characterized by a painful pounding, throbbing pain that often causes debilitating nausea, visual disturbances, and sensitivity to light and noise. We can alleviate your pain through chiropractic care and complementary therapies to remove migraine triggers.
- Cluster Headaches — Rare and excruciating! The burning, stabbing pain usually centers behind one or both eyes. They attack in “clusters” ranging from 1-3 daily for periods lasting a couple of weeks to 3 months. They can go in “remission” for years, only to return without warning.
Our chiropractor in Edison can relieve all of these headaches. Using chiropractic care to realign spinal misalignments, he relieves pinched nerves to enable important signals to reach the brain, blood vessels and surrounding muscles. When pinched nerves are released, they are free to communicate again; the pain recedes and becomes less frequent and less severe over time.
Our chiropractor also works with a great pain management team that can address headaches from a number of different angles for an effective migraine treatment in Edison, NJ:
- Massage therapy — Whether your headaches stem from poor posture, an injury like whiplash or stress, massage can help. Massage enhances the beneficial effects of chiropractic care, improves circulation, reduces musculoskeletal tensions, and relieves stress.
- Acupuncture — Our very experienced, licensed acupuncturist works wonders when it comes to pain management. Acupuncture’s biochemical effects in the body make it a safe, healing, and proven pain management modality.
- Nutrition & lifestyle — Migraine sufferers often find relief by making changes in their diets. Removing processed foods containing certain trigger chemicals, sticking with whole, organic foods, staying well hydrated, well rested and on a very regular eating schedule can work wonders.
- Physical therapy — If your headaches stem from an injury, our physical therapist works with Dr. Lagana to develop a therapeutic exercise and stretching plan to help you maintain healthy posture and regain strength to prevent future headaches.