At Backsmart Wellness Center, we believe that each of us should strive to achieve optimum wellness in our physical health, emotional health and spiritual health. Studies show that one way to achieve optimal physical wellness is through the implementation of Employee Wellness Programs in our schools, cities and workplace.
As a service to the community, Backsmart will provide Employee Wellness Programs at NO COST to the employer or the employee. Some of our programs include:
- Staff Wellness Appreciation Day – provides complimentary chair massages to all staff members, computerized stress assessments, nutritional/weight loss and exercise information.
- Health Fair focusing on wellness and disease prevention, including smoking cessation programs.
- Lunch and Learn – topics include stress reduction, injury prevention in the workplace, how to read food labels, etc.
- Increase productivity in the workforce.
- Create healthier workforce by delaying or avoiding complications of chronic disease.
- Slow growth of medical costs.
There are multiple advantages of implementing a wellness program in your workplace today. Studies by the University of Michigan and Johnson & Johnson show that for every dollar spent on wellness programs, employers can save as much as $6 in insurance costs. Studies also show that employers save $1,100 per year for every employee who quits smoking and $269 per year for each employee who adopts a regular exercise program… and you’re helping to create a healthier work environment for you and your coworkers.
OUR EXPERIENCE AT A GLANCE
We have provided programs to numerous corporations, school systems and government municipalities, such as Amtrak, Edison Township, Perth Amboy Township, Oxford Health Plans, Amerigroup, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Corporation, Home Depot, Ford Motor Company, Shoprite, and Edison, Perth Amboy, and Woodbridge schools.
Backsmart’s wellness events have been featured in the Home News Tribune, and Dr. Lagana, Executive Director, has been a guest speaker on News12 NJ. We put together successful events for as few as 50 employees and have done events for up to 350 staff members.
Create a healthier workforce
If you or someone you know is interested in implementing an employee wellness program at your workplace, feel free to contact us. We look forward to helping you create a healthier workforce today!