One of the reasons massage therapy is so effective on many different kinds of problems is because there are many different kinds of massage therapy. Different massage technique have their own special benefits to bear on your health, rehabilitation, and wellness. Examples include:
- Swedish massage – This light form of massage is a relaxing experience that boosts blood flow, promotes lymphatic drainage and loosens muscles near the skin surface. Swedish massage can relieve emotional stress, stiffness, swelling and inflammation.
- Deep tissue massage – Deep tissue massage is a firmer form of massage than its Swedish cousin, manipulating underlying tissues to tackle deep-seated chronic pain. We may prescribe it to free muscles trapped by adhesions, collections of scar tissue that limit motion.
- Trigger point massage – Trigger point massage lives up to its name by releasing the hard “knots” of tissue known as trigger points — knots that can send pain signals to various parts of the body. Freeing up this tight tissue can put an end to your pain.
- Myofascial release – Fascia is a form of connective tissue that covers your muscles — tension in one area of the fascia can create significant pain and tightness. Myofascial release is a relaxing form of manual therapy that undoes these painful restrictions.
- Prenatal massage – Prenatal massage can be a great relief for expecting mother suffering from the aches, pain, swelling and other discomforts of pregnancy. Our prenatal massage techniques are gentle, comfortable and safe.
- Sports massage – Sports massage can help athletes in all phases of their chosen activity by concentrating on the muscle groups they tend to use the most. It can limber you up before an event or help you recover from a sports injury.
Proudly serving greater Edison, Woodbridge, Plainfield, Elizabeth, Metuchen, and Perth Amboy
Massage therapy could be a key ingredient in your personalized health, wellness or rehabilitation program. Find out more about what this remarkable discipline can do for your health. Call 732-661-1121 for a consultation with our Edison chiropractor!